Last year was a huge year for business and in January 2020, we highlighting these success and highlights with the #2019bizreview
2020 provides a platform to build upon the foundations and momentum formed in 2019 to position your business for success - whatever that looks like in your industry.
At BizHub, we’re here to help your business and we’re preparing for another big year of supporting local and regional businesses grow, thrive and succeed.
Discover these #2019bizreview highlights
- Maroondah businesses generated $13.7b in sales in 2019
- In 2019, manufacturing was alive and well in Maroondah employing over 6,000 people and over $4.4b in total sales making it the largest sector of our economy.
- Maroondah has 290 local Maroondah cafes
- Council has been working with local property owners to improve the amenity of Maroondah Highway through Council's Public Art Program in the Ringwood Arts Precinct.
- The Bayswater Business Precinct received a brand update in 2019 including a new networking tool that was implemented in the precinct called BBP Connect.
- The first shops in Croydon were built on land in Main Street from 1885. In 2019, the Croydon Main Street Traders held several events including a Father’s Day Classic Car Show, Christmas Pet Parade and Multicultural Festival.
- Coworking is a great way to do business! In 2019, there were 5,660 attendances in BizHub Coworking space. Our Premium Coworkers contribute $19m to the Maroondah economy!
- Last year 78 local Maroondah Businesses attended a one-on-one mentoring session held at BizHub.
- In 2019, Croydon MainStreet saw the unveiling of the new Croydon Town Square. This was well received by businesses with better access to public transport and an improvement to the amenity of this key local shopping strip.
- In 2019, BizHub held the biggest BizWeek ever!
- In 2019, we welcomed 253 new businesses to Maroondah.
- The state of the art meeting rooms at Realm had 1,612 hours of commercial and not for profit use in 2019!
- 88% of businesses in Maroondah employ 4 or less people
- "Banter is easy, talk the real issues" was the theme of the Mens Health Lunch held during Maroondah BizWeek 2019. This event was a huge success attracting a sold out audience from across Melbourne's eastern region.
- In 2019 commercial confidence in Ringwood was high, with more than 250 apartments and 8000m2 of office space under construction in Ringwood MAC. A further 1000 apartments have been approved.
- In 2019, the Maroondah Business Excellence Awards returned giving local business the recognition they deserve! Well done to all of the 2019 finalists, category winners and recipient of the 2019 business of the year award, The Babes Project.
- In 2019, Maroondah supported over 7,200 jobs in Health Care!