How to predict the future
Podcast interview with Paul Greenberg - co-founder DealsDirect.com.au, Chairman NORA
Paul Greenberg occupies a unique space within the start-up community.
Often referred to as the Godfather of the online retail sector, Paul co-founded Australia's first online department store, DealsDirect.com.au (which listed on the ASX valued at over $100m) and now heads up the National Online Retailers Association (NORA). He travels the world speaking to the leading disruptors and in this podcast reveals the trends that are about to impact the Australian start-up sector.
In this podcast, Paul reveals:
- Why retailers with bricks and mortar stores have a distinct advantage over pure-play online retailers
- Why the middleman in any transaction is now being eliminated (and what to do if your business is the
- Why you must own the brand you sell (or risk being removed from the supply chain)
- How to use low-cost technologies to access a wider range of customers
- How to create a point of difference that doesn't rely on price cutting
- How to combine your physical and digital platforms to create a phygital experience for your customer
- How to survive the onslaught of Amazon and other disruptors that are on Australia's doorstep
- How to use pop-ups, meet-ups and other innovative retailing trends to create an edge
- The impact the Internet of Things will have on Australian businesses
Links to this website