Starting a business
Here are our top eight suggestions when starting a business.
- Look at all of the information on this website (especially the information about Council’s permits & regulations, legal and financial requirements).
- Speak to the relevant Council departments about your business.
- Book a meeting to see a BizHub team member to see how Council can assist your business and to talk about your industry.
- Book a time to see a business mentor to discuss your business in a free confidential 45 minute one-on-one session.
- Attend some business training workshops to maximise your business knowledge – especially the Starting Your Business workshop to find out what you need to do when starting a business.
- Do a business plan for your business
- Do your market research
- Take advantage of free and low-cost services from all three levels of government.
Visit the Australian Government business website to look at the Starting a business guide to assist your business.
Visit the Business Victoria website for more checklists and templates.